The 2013-14 application deadline has passed and this scholarship is now closed.
More than $700,000 to help students achieve their college goals
These $2,500 scholarships are offered to help students access and complete higher education. The College Access Scholarship will be awarded to up to 300 eligible students to use toward their 2013-14 higher education expenses. Application deadline was August 1, 2013.
- Attend college at least part-time for the 2013-14 school year as a degree-seeking undergraduate student. At most colleges, to be considered a part-time student you must take at least 6 credit hours, while full-time enrollment is 12 credit hours or more. Please ask your college how many credit hours you must take to be considered a full-time or part-time student at your school.
- Complete the 2013-14 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov.
- Qualify for the Federal Pell Grant (eligibility is based on the results of the FAFSA – students will be notified of eligibility on the FAFSA confirmation page and their Student Aid Report (SAR).
- Complete the CAC-2013-Applicationscholarship application [link where underlined to online form] including submitting the Student Aid Report (SAR) to verify the Expected Family Contribution (EFC). Students will receive their SAR electronically within 3-5 days of completing their FAFSA and via mail within two weeks of completing their FAFSA. View a sample SAR.
- Have an existing or create a new free account on www.CollegeInColorado.org.
Up to 300 qualified applicants will be selected and awarded up to a $2,500 scholarship. Recipients attending part-time will receive up to $1,250. We will retain a pool of alternates who may receive the scholarship if any of the original recipients do not fulfill the requirements.
Final eligibility will be determined by the student’s college or university in partnership with College In Colorado. This scholarship is non-transferable and cannot exceed a student’s cost of attendance for the academic year. This scholarship award is valid for one-year only for the 2013-14 academic year.
The application period is now closed for the College Access Scholarship.
Please read all 4 steps before beginning the application process.
Step 1. Complete your 2013-14 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov and qualify for a Pell Grant.
Step 2. If you don’t have one already, create an account for the free career exploration, college and financial aid planning Website www.CollegeInColorado.org.
Step 3. Once you receive your 2013-14 Student Aid Report, click here to complete the scholarship application. Be sure to fully complete the application, including uploading the SAR before clicking the submit button. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO RETURN TO YOUR APPLICATION AFTER YOU SUBMIT IT.
Alternatively, you may mail a copy of your SAR to College In Colorado, Attn: CACG Scholarship, 1560 Broadway, Suite 1700, Denver, CO 80202.
Your application must be complete and submitted by August 1, 2013.
Step 4. Attend a college or university at least part-time for the 2013-2014 school year. Your college will receive the scholarship money to put toward your account. College In Colorado and the Colorado Department of Higher Education will coordinate your final scholarship eligibility with the college or university you attend for the 2013-14 school year.
Please note: Applications will be considered complete only after the SAR has been received and a CollegeInColorado.org account is verified.